Cipher’s mission is to help accelerate understanding of the technological transformations required to get to net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 through expert reporting and analysis.
Cipher strives to produce information of the highest quality and credibility.
- All staff follow the Society of Professional Journalists’ code of ethics to seek truth, minimize harm, act independently and be accountable and transparent.
- All editorial decisions are made by Cipher editors and reporters, and we rigorously uphold the editorial independence of our reporting.
Cipher is supported by Breakthrough Energy.
- Breakthrough Energy is a network of investment vehicles, philanthropic programs, and policy advocacy activities with a focus on helping the world achieve net-zero emissions.
- We include editor’s notes when coverage includes significant connections to Breakthrough Energy.
- Cipher’s reporting is conducted independently from Breakthrough Energy’s other initiatives.
Cipher corrects factual errors quickly, fully and publicly.
- To submit a correction or question, contact our associate editor: email@example.com.